STUBHUB iPHONE APP
Stubhub is one of the world's largest ticket marketplaces and connects fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it.
Stubhub makes it easy for people to find last minute tickets via its site and various mobile apps for events that may be sold out.
I led a cross-functional design team to define and execute Stubhub’s first ever mobile iPhone app. It was also the first iPhone app to launch in the ticketing industry and enabled users on the go to buy tickets easily.
I collaborated with product managers, engineers and business to finalize requirements, define use cases and create high fidelity mocks. I presented final designs to executive staff.
Analyzed competitor feature set - Ticket master, Tickets.com, Razorgator for display of search results, seat selection, venue maps and order fullfillment.
A lot of event information had to be communicated on each row of the upcoming events screen. I iterated on a few different information layouts.
I iterated the most on the ticket selection and seat map screens as I had to make it very simple and quick for a user to find tickets in their price range.
Creating the StubHub mobile web checkout flow was challenging as it had to integrate with the native iPhone app. I worked closely with the engineering team to ensure a seamless experience was designed and executed.
USER RESEARCH FINDINGS
- Testing proved that defaulting the upcoming events tab to show events in the near future were preferred than listing events by category.
- Users liked seeing a venue map.
- The price slider tested well as it gave users quick results on tickets available in their price range.
- Continuing to mobile web checkout did not deter users from completing the transaction.
- Create an easy to use finding ticket experience for iPhone and mobile checkout
- Enable users to quickly view tickets, by time, genre, artist during the finding experience
- Add favorites in iPhone
I worked in an agile environment with the product manager and engineers to define and design solutions on the white board and created user stories.
I conducted early rapid iterative testing with paper prototypes to arrive at the best design options to test early. I then created wireframes for the iPhone app and the mobile web checkout flows to test with existing and new iPhone users.
I laid out a mobile design strategy for how the app and other entry points to StubHub's ticket buying experience would integrate with StubHub's mobile web checkout experience.