RedLaser knows what’s nearby and allows users to access deals at local stores or scan products to discover if a better price is close by.
You can compare prices between thousands of online and offline retailers. If you like a product, deal, or store, you can save it to your favorites with one tap.
I started designing by brainstorming and sketching in an iterative manner with the product team and then created design options for user testing.
I created various options to display deals. I iterated on product results screen to enhance online and local comparison shopping. I also created an experience for geo-fencing.
USER RESEARCH FINDINGS
- Testing went well overall. All participants responded favorably to the new concepts of store integration and access to deals.
- The new icons were effective. The floating map icon on product results was preferred because it was more recognizable and clearly communicated that product results will be nearby.
- Design new features: dynamic home screen with deals, geo location (in-store), map
view for local product results, add favorites and stores, and tutorials.
- Revaluate information architecture/tab navigation of the app, tab content, and usage.
- Improve product results, lists, checkout.
- Redesign scan screen and history view.
Led discovery and brainstorming sessions to finalize and prioritize product requirements. Created final designs to implement new features including a dynamic home screen with deals, in-store geo-location, and a map view for local product results.
Analyzed competitor feature set to review scan screen, deals display, navigation -
Amazon, Etsy, ShopSavvy, Groupon.