Auction.com completely revolutionized real estate by empowering people to safely and easily buy and sell residential and commercial property whenever they want to and from wherever they happen to be.
It’s the only real estate platform that allows buyers, sellers, and real estate professionals to search, list and transact properties completely online.
I designed the first ever listing flow for commercial real estate sellers . I worked closely with the executive team to review designs and finalize product requirements.
There are multiple steps in the process to list a commercIal real estate property and I had to create a simple form.
- Create a minimum viable product for the first launch of a listing flow for commercial real estate sellers.
- Allow only single property listings. Design a simple and easy to use responsive listing form.
- Sellers must be able to create an account, enter property details, set a reserve price and upload photos and due diligence documents.
Analyzed features on different platforms - eBay, airbnb, Trulia, Zillow to review best practices for setting price/reserve price and the information gathered for property details.
Selling commercial property is an incredibly complex process. To help the team best understand the steps involved I mapped the seller experience. This helped us prioritize the feature set for product design and implementation.
I then created wireframes and we tested a prototype that informed final design.
I had to ensure the designs were responsive and after a few iterations this led to the three column grid which worked well with different form factors.
The listing flow was not sequential, the user could move between the different sections and fill in the fields for which they already had data. The onboarding process was optimized for maximizing completion rate.
USER RESEARCH FINDINGS
- We did quick rounds of testing with internal sales agents for commercial real estate, as well as our customers. We had an interactive prototype that helped us identify the key areas for improvements.
- Testing showed that our target market at launch should be the regional and local real estate sellers and brokers as they lacked multiple offices and sales agents across the country and would benefit the most from the national and global reach of auction.com.