Whether you are buying new or used, plain or luxurious, commonplace or rare, trendy or one-of-a-kind – if it exists in the world, it probably is for sale on eBay.
eBay's mission is to be the world’s favorite destination for discovering great value and unique selection.
eBay gives sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive.
I was the lead designer for the seller experience team and led the design strategy for all seller experience projects across the global design teams.
I worked closely with my global counterparts in product and engineering to define and deliver final designs for the redesign of the sell hub and the sell your item flow, used to list over 1/2 a billion items for sale on eBay.
Analyzed competitor feature set to review best practices for information gathered during listing, uploading of photos , editing and save options - Amazon, Craigslist, Etsy.
- Increase adoption and completion rate of listing flow.
- Improve customization by simplifying the create your listing page.
- Increase visibility of editing options and provide section level help.
- Design a popular listing form, targeted for quick listings with reduced fields.
- Design the sell hub to be modular and dynamic so the content can be updated for different seller segments across various eBay international sites.
Collaborated with the global product teams and led workshop sessions in Europe to gain consensus from global stakeholders on the goals and product functionality of the sell your item form resdesign.
Led the design team to brainstorm concepts and ideas to create a more scalable and flexible design for the sell hub and the selling form. I then created wireframes.
Concurrently, the design of the sell your item form was enhanced and features like signposting, section level editing and help were added to the form.
USER RESEARCH FINDINGS
Conducted focus group studies in US, UK and Germany to gain insights on users' mental model of finding information on the sell hub to start a listing.